Birdwatching on the Southern Eyre Peninsula
- Duration: 3 Days (approx.)
- Location: Port Lincoln, SA
- Product code: BSP
Bird Watching on the Southern Eyre Peninsula
Min 2/Max 6 - Based on Twin Share
With 100 National and Conservation Parks Eyre Peninsula is emerging as a must-see destination for Eco and Wildlife Tours. Southern Eyre Peninsula is home to 270 species of birds and this tour will take you through the Mallee Bushland, spectacular coastal scenery, mallee scrub to wetlands, Eucalypts and Sheoak stands, on the lookout for a range of local, endangered and rare birds from the Hooded Plovers, the Rock Parrots, Yellow Tailed Black Cockatoo just to name a few.
Join this 3 Day/2 Night and journey through and around the Southern Eyre Peninsula from Port Lincoln to Port Neill, Lipson Cove, Big Swamp, Coffins Bay and the amazing Lincoln & Coffin Bay National Parks.
Not only birds but you will sample the local renowned seafood and gain an insight into the history of this untouched region.
Your guide for this tour is Fran Solly who has been a keen birdwatcher for more than 30 years. Fran knows the local birds well including many by their call. She has recently completed training to contribute to the local scientific database through bird surveys, which are conducted across the Peninsula. Fran is also a professional photographer and she started her photography journey as a bird photographer to document the Birds of Southern Eyre Peninsula. A selection of Fran’s photographs can be found in the recently updated Birds of Southern Eyre Peninsula Field Guide
· Touring with professional, local and experienced guides
· Transport in luxury 4WD Land-Cruiser
· Airport transfers
· All daily activities, permit and entry fees based on itinerary
· All National Park & other entry fees
· Daily Continental breakfast
· Daily lunches, morning/afternoon tea
· Waters, soft drinks, tea, coffee, local produce, local wines & beer
· Birds of Southern Eyre Peninsula Pocket Guide book
· 2 Nights accommodation at Port Lincoln Hotel – Ocean View Room
For other dates/requests or if you would like to advise your interest for this tour, please contact us.
Private Tour Options also available, which include South Point Beach House right on the waterfront, fully catered with your own personal chef for 3 course dinners of local produce, seafood & local beverages.